6 Reasons To Use A Dive Travel Agent0
Even for experienced dive travelers, planning and booking complicated dive trips online can prove daunting. Deciding where to start a search, best times to travel to destination, getting there with smooth connections, finding hidden charges and so much more… And then taking the time to put together all the separate and often non-refundable pieces. Or . . . you can use a professional to help.
The New Dive Travel Agents are Advisers…
The new breed of dive travel agents and wholesalers operate differently than those of the past. Rather than merely booking transactions or acting as order-takers, they now truly function as travel advisers. Experienced dive travel agents or wholesalers work collaboratively with clients to sort through vast amounts of information and make informed decisions. The higher the cost or more complex a trip becomes, the more benefit you will gain by using a good, reliable agent.
Here are six reasons you may want to use an agent to help book your next dive trip.
1. You’re not a dive travel expert. With their training — and being well-traveled themselves — good dive travel advisers can offer you options you might not have considered. If you book a dive trip through an agent, he or she is likely to be familiar with various opportunities and destinations that you may not have thought of. Plus, many dive travel professionals have particular expertise in such niches as live-aboard, or destination such as the western Pacific or the Caribbean.
2. You want to get it right. Some trips are more complicated than others. For example, foreign travel is more complex than traveling to the next state. Or sometimes the stakes are too high to make a mistake when you are planning a big trip, for a whole dive group, as an example. Even on shore excursions, an agent may be able to point you to the most knowledgeable and English-proficient guides.
3. You don’t have advisers money-saving connections. Travel agencies have consolidated and banded together into large consortia, affording them unusual leverage to negotiate with travel suppliers on behalf of their clients. As a client of a network, you are not only treated like a V.I.P., but benefit from these no-cost perks.
4. You don’t have time to waste. Researching and organizing a trip takes time, patience and perseverance. The average wait time to get American Airlines, Delta Airlines, and United on the phone is 14.3, 14.9, and 13.5 minutes, respectively — under ordinary circumstances. In cases of major storms, during the holidays, and even when company websites crash, wait times can be well over an hour, if the user gets through at all. A dive travel professional may have contact numbers or other contact methods that you don’t have available to you.
5. You want a safety net in case things go wrong. Travelers realize that even after a trip is planned, things don’t always turn out exactly as expected. A flight is cancelled, a piece of luggage gets lost, a passport is pilfered, or a grandchild falls ill with a high fever on foreign soil. When “stuff happens,” it is reassuring to have someone you can count on to help you resolve problems. You don’t want to be the one hanging on your cell phone to rearrange a flight. Many travel advisers offer clients 24/7 backup by phone and email.
6. You want a custom created trip. “ What really sets a true travel adviser apart are the little things that are unexpected.” A good dive travel professional can create something that can’t be “Googled “ — ” a personal experience.”
You need to do some homework to find a dive travel agent or wholesaler who meets your needs, presumably based on some mix of chemistry, experience and cost. Six states regulate the registration of travel agencies and/or regulate how travel is sold (California, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Nevada and Washington). Finding someone to provide any kind of personal service requires due diligence.
Dive vacations are supposed to be fun and stress free. You can start that vacation well ahead of your departure by using a dive travel professional to make the travel decisions fun and stress free, as well.
TO FIND A DIVE TRAVEL SPECIALIST just go to the search bar near top of all pages. Click Business and type in Dive travel specialist
All content provided on this “Scuba Diving Resource” blogs or website is for informational purposes only. Any comments, opinions that may be found here at Scuba Diving Resource are the express opinions and or the property of their individual authors.
Scuba Diving Resource makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Please note that regulations and information can change at any time.