Who needs a coral ID book… when you can have the real thing!
Join us on our first Coral Explorer’s trip, and learn valuable coral conservation and ID skills while immersing yourself in the biodiverse waters of Raja Ampat, at the heart of the Coral Triangle!
Do you love diving and snorkeling?
Do you love to immerse yourself into the vibrant world of coral reefs and all the life they hold?
Are you fascinated by all the incredible diversity – from soft corals to seamounts and sea sponges to sea fans – and find yourself wondering more about the extra-ordinary worlds within?
If this is you, then join us at Papua Explorers Resort for our first Coral Explorers trip, and give yourself the opportunity to learn more!
From July 2 – 12, 2017, Raja Ampat SEA Centre will be hosting an exclusive trip that will submerge you in a fully interactive learning experience and enable you to discover more about coral reefs – the
oceans life support system.
Over 10 days, participants will be lead through a series of dives and lectures by world leading coral experts including:
Russell Kelley; marine scientist, educator, film-maker and author
Dr Rachel Pears; Marine Park Manager, Great Barrier Reef Australia, with expertise in coral resilience, sustainable fisheries and reef surveys.
Arnaud Brival; resident marine biologist at Papua Explorers Resort.
The Coral Explorers trip will cover a range of topics including:
1. Coral Reefs: where they come from, how they work and what the future holds
2. Corals and Coral Identification: how to ID the different major groupings, an overview of coral ID theory and how to take photos that make ID easy
3. Ocean Literacy: How to identify anything without being a marine biologist!
4. Coral Bleaching: the 2016 coral bleaching event on the Great Barrier Reef (why it happened and what it means)
5. Reef Restoration: an introduction to Raja Ampat SEA Centres “Yaf Keru” project. Why it’s important, and why it’s needed in Raja Ampat.